The automated warehouse is a system designed to be operated automatically by robotic equipment that manipulates the load.
- This type of warehouses reduces handling times and increases safety due to the fact that operators do not need to enter into the corridors.
- It is the solution for problems of storage of high heights (40 m or more) and with reduced work aisles.
- Cargo handling is fast.
- Allows precise control of the stock.
Therefore, this type of installations optimizes spaces, volumes and times.
Automatic warehouses can be operated by:
- Stacker cranes, when it comes to handling palletized loads with APR or with compact systems.
- Miniload, in the case of light and small loads stored in boxes and with a lot of rotation in height.